Our experience in Lettings is second to none. Our Lettings Agents are proactive in finding suitable tenants, that have been fully referenced and credit checked. To give peace of mind to our Landlords, we ensure that all checks and protocols are meticulously seen to. We have a step by step process, in which we keep all parties informed and up to date. We offer free and impartial advice to our Landlords, which can help them maximize their rental potential.
We are a unique brand and believe that being Thee Local Independent Estate Agent in Solihull, we can offer a more personal experience because it’s not just in our name; our agents live and work in the local area so we have first-hand knowledge of what rental prices are being achieved in addition to market trends for when you may decide to Let your property…..so why not give us a call, we will be more than happy to help.
Tips for tenants
It is a big decision to rent a property so its important tenants are aware of what is available. With our dedicated lettings team and a named contact for you to deal with at any time it makes sense to use us when letting your property from us. We build long-term relationships with landlords and have a range of testimonials available for you to "check us out " so to speak.
Choosing Your Perfect Area
Research, Research, Research! Make sure you do your research and work out the specific area where you would like to rent a place. Make a list of the things that are important to you, transport links, schools (if applicable), access to shopping, bars, restaurants and use these to re-focus your search area. Talk to your local agent (us of course) for some local knowledge as it’s in the best interests of the agent to find you the right property to rent in Solihull.
Dealing with Solihull Agents
- Identify which local agents are offering the types of properties that suit your requirements. Make sure it is in your preferred area and give them a call. Local agents have key insights into the area, rental property trends and also any other hidden information you may not be offered from a chain type agency. We always suggest you pop into us so we can talk through your rental needs and you can meet us face to face which is very important. We register you in our state of the art system so if any property is available (or about to be available) we know about it.
- Be straight forward about when you need to move into your rental property. If you need somewhere quickly, let us know as we have a daily briefing with our lettings team who know what is going on in and around Solihull.
Viewing Rental Properties
- Be available and flexible to view properties quickly. Solihull sales & lettings move quickly and can even go within hours of becoming available through us to it is important you can view quickly.
- Remember if you view a property you like but don’t like something superficial then we can always chat to the landlord on your behalf. A different coloured room does not cost the earth and it’s in the landlord’s best interests to get you onside in the early stages of the tenancy process.
- If you want to make changes to the property then make sure you say something, we won’t see it as awkward or difficult but it’s important of sorting these little issues out before you commit. If you’re happy – were happy.
Doing the Housekeeping
- Once your offer has been accepted you’ll need to hand over a holding deposit. The agent is responsible for putting your deposit into an approved tenancy deposit holding scheme and they will pass on the details to you – make sure you keep these details in a safe place.
- All estate agents conduct security checks on behalf of the landlord, so make sure you have details of all your previous addresses to hand and any other references you feel are important. Make sure you let your employer, and any other referees, know to expect a request for a reference as we will always check them, we’re fussy like that but at Solihull Sales & Lettings we need to make sure both tenants and landlords are.
- Find out who the property management company is and make sure you have been given all their contact details including 24hour contacts where applicable. If something goes wrong in the property, you’ll know who to get in touch with quickly and easily.
- Look after the property as if it were yours. This reduces the possibility of a dispute over damage when the tenancy comes to an end. No-one likes to be in a situation like this so it’s important you communicate any issues quickly.
- You are responsible for any insurance that may be required for your personal belongings and furniture is applicable, landlords are not responsible for insuring these items ( unless the property is insured)
- If the property was professionally cleaned when you moved in, then you will need to arrange for the same level of cleaning to be done when you moving out. Whoever is managing the property – be it the estate agent or the landlord – they will want to see a receipt for the cleaning.
- It is important that you leave the property in great condition and remove all your belongings (especially the rubbish), otherwise you risk losing part, or all of your security deposit.
Keeping Our Clients Protected
Solihull Sales & Lettings are registered members of the Client Money Protect Scheme, which will make sure your money is handled in the appropriate manner. Our membership certificate can be viewed here. We are also members of The Property Redress Scheme, this is a redress scheme for any consumer complaints.